Rates: Nutrition Counseling
Nutrition sessions are generally 45-50 minutes unless other arrangements are made in advance. Some insurance may be accepted. To discuss rates or fees for nutrition counseling please contact the office.
Rates: Health and Wellness Coaching
Your individualized program includes 2 one-hour sessions per month, plus unlimited email support. For more information on rates, fees and program details for health and wellness coaching please contact the office. Coaching is not covered by insurance.
Nutrition services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. It is your responsibility to check with your insurance plan to verify your coverage. Participation as an in-network provider with your insurance plan does not guarantee your visit(s) will be covered. All services not covered by insurance are your financial responsibility.
Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have insurance benefits for medical nutrition therapy or nutritional counseling? Procedure Codes are 97802/97803
- Does my plan include any nutrition counseling benefits covered under the preventative care portion of my plan?
- Is Melanie Sherman a covered provider on my plan?
- Do I have any out of network coverage for nutrition counseling?
- Are there any limitations on which conditions are covered? (Ask if your specific medical condition or reason for seeing a nutritionist is covered.)
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many visits per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per nutrition counseling session?
- Is prior approval/referral required from my primary care physician?
- Is an office copay required? What is my co-insurance?
Participation as an In-Network Provider include:
Blue Cross/Blue Shield
The Empire Plan
Reduced fee/sliding scale services are available on a limited basis. Contact the office for details.
Cash or checks are accepted for payment which is expected in full at time of service. In some cases, payment may be requested in advance of initial session to secure your appointment time.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy or coaching appointment, and you have not notified the office at least 48 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session. Insurance will not cover late canceled a no-show appointments.
Appointments may be scheduled by phone or online click here.
Questions? Please contact me for further information.